Want to Make a Difference? Sign Up to Volunteer!
No experience is necessary. No long term commitment. We are working CDC Safe.
COVER 2021-2022 COVID protocols
- All staff must be vaccinated.
- All volunteers must be vaccinated.
- If homeowners and their families are not vaccinated they must wear a mask during the workday while COVER staff and volunteers are present, even if the work is outdoors.
- When inside, homeowners must be vaccinated unless a medical condition prevents it.
- If COVER is working indoors all staff, volunteers, and homeowners must wear masks at all times.
Thank you for your help.
Volunteering with COVER Home Repair…
- Greatly improves the quality of life for local families, elderly, and mobility challenged.
- Is an opportunity to Learn New Skills and Share.
- Brings community together for positive social impact
- Makes a positive impact on the environment too!
Be sure to check our Volunteer FAQ’s below for more information about volunteering with COVER.
If you would like to receive monthly updates, please email email@example.com to get connected with our volunteer coordinator and we will keep you posted!
Questions? (802) 296-7241 ext #3
To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the volunteer calendar below
The COVER Home Repair program relies on the participation of community volunteers like you. Build Community with us!
If you are having any trouble signing up for a volunteer opportunity from the list below, you can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you see a project that is full and would like to be on a waiting list to help, also send an email.
No Experience Necessary for any project you volunteer for!
All Home Repair and Weatherization projects begin at 9am and end by 4pm. All volunteers must arrive on site by 9am. Sometimes projects end early but we ask that you commit to the entire shift.
It is important that volunteers start at 9am and stay until 4pm. We usually can not accommodate a “half day.”
COVER has a long history of encouraging the homeowner provide a lunch for the volunteers that come to work on their home. We will let you know if lunch will be provided or we may ask you to bring a lunch. Always bring a bottle of drinking water.
We provide all tools necessary, but you are welcome to bring your own.
You can meet us at the Home Repair office if you want to carpool from White River Junction, but you MUST communicate and verify this with the volunteer coordinator.
We use discretion with each project. With consideration to Federal Child Labor laws, which includes volunteers, minors 15 years and under are not allowed on constructions sites. 16 and 17 year olds in apprenticeship programs or with parental supervision can volunteer, except on roof projects. Typically young people can volunteer on weatherization projects and at the COVER Store.
Yes! We invite groups to volunteer! It is important that we know exactly how many volunteers want to participate so that we can select an appropriate project for your group. Usually 6-8 volunteers per day is the limit. If your group wants a project on a specific day or date, let us know as soon as possible. We can usually hold the date. firstname.lastname@example.org