We are working safe to keep the community safer.
We are working very carefully to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. The need for urgent home repairs continues to grow. These repairs keep our community safe, even saving homeowners from preventable trips to the hospital.
The COVER Store is open 7 days a week to raise funds for the Home Repair Program. All customers and staff are required to wear a mask. COVE staff Kathy Partridge has even made hundreds of face masks that we offer to anyone who does not have one when coming to the store. We also provide hand sanitizer and ask that customers use it before entering the store.
To ensure everyone’s safety and to minimize and mitigate the spread of disease, COVER Home Repair is not doing any indoor repairs, but focusing on ramps, roofs and other exterior home repairs and modifications. They are working in smaller groups and everyone is required to wear a mask and adhere to the following protocols:
- Please take your temperature at home. Anyone with a temperature of over100 cannot volunteer and you are encouraged to contact your doctor and get cleared before volunteering.
- Do not come to COVER or a Home Repair project if you have recently had any of the symptoms of COVID -19 including but not excluded to: shortness of breath, coughing, loss of taste or smell, a mild to moderate fever, fatigue and muscle aches and/or any concern you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- All staff, volunteers and homeowners must wear face masks that cover nose and mouth.
- All volunteers must wash hands with sanitizer before work begins, before and after lunch.
- All volunteers will practice social distancing of 6 feet apart and minimizing crossover in smaller spaces and minimize sharing tools.
- No one shall enter an occupied home. A portalet is provided on-site for staff and volunteers.
We have provided plenty of sanitizer, masks, disposable gloves, and construction PPE (gloves, safety glasses and knee pads) should you want to use them. Please thoroughly wipe all tools and PPE prior to wearing and before returning them to the COVER trailer.